Sunday, April 14, 2013

I have never known you

            "“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did not do for me.’


             These are not atheist, Buddhists, Mormons, or Muslims. These are Christians, both the ones standing before Jesus and the ones Jesus is saying they never helped. They call him, "Lord" like they know him. This parable is preceded by the Parable of the Talents where he is dealing with his servants. And that one is preceded by the Parable of the Ten Virgins. All called. All waiting on the King. These are the same people that he referred to earlier saying, "Not everyone one of you who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in Heaven." These men have gone to Church, been baptized, pray, quote the Bible, and are respected in their communities. 
              
               "He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

          Jesus' character and attributes are under assault. His requirements have been tossed out and forgotten. People have truly created a false god that our forefathers have not known. Few search the scripture for truth. Many attend four year Bible colleges and come out only knowing what they are told or what they want to believe; and it sure isn't the Bible. The Body of Christ is an exclusive thing and it comes with benefits. We can see from the passage above that Jesus sent people to hell because they did not do good to Jesus' true disciples, those who do the will of the Father, his 'mother, brothers, and sisters'. Elsewhere Jesus says,
"And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.” 
            
            There is a common thread going on here. There are so many outreach programs they cannot ever all be named. But we have food banks, cloths drives, soup kitchens, utility assistance, free daycare, drug rehab. And they are available to all. Churches spend tons and tons of money and resources giving to anyone who comes to their door. And this seems good because we have stopped searching the scriptures to discover and determine Jesus' character and cares. Jesus told the Samaritan woman, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs." She then showed great faith and her request was answered because she demonstrated that she had the heart of one of his children. She was the vine grafted in.

             There are true lovers of Jesus here in America and the world over going hungry, losing their homes, having to send their kids to public school because they can't afford private or homeschool, utilities shut off, clothes ragged. It's not right! Stop throwing the Children's bread to the dogs! There are missionaries that need supplied! There are Godly prophets that need to be visiting the brethren! There are Christians suffering! Does this mean we should not help anyone who is not a Christian? Not at all! Paul said, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

            You must tend to the needs of the family first. If there is anything left over it can go to friends and strangers. This is simple stuff. Read His words! Know His teaching! If you do not do this He will tell you on the day of Judgement, "I never knew you." Lack of doing good to the Body of believers is the reason He sends people to Hell! Make sure you are getting this right!

Feel free to comment or ask questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment